On Tuesday, May 21, the ramp from the westbound Flagler Memorial Bridge to N. Flagler Drive will reopen and a new temporary traffic signal will be placed into service where the ramp meets N. Flagler Drive, weather permitting.
Once the ramp reopens, the following traffic pattern changes will be in effect:
- Westbound drivers turning right on N. Flagler Drive will be required to stop on red at the signal at the base of the ramp
- Drivers going north on Flagler Drive, or coming from the ramp, will not be able to turn left onto 6 Street
- Drivers going north or south on Flagler Drive will be required to stop on red at the new signal to allow drivers coming off the ramp to go either north or south on Flagler Drive
- Drivers going west on 6 Street will not be able to go left on Flagler Drive
- Drivers exiting the Bank of America drive-thru will not be able to go north on Flagler Drive
Traffic will stay in this pattern for an extended period of time, until a new at-grade intersection at the replacement bridge and N. Quadrille Boulevard is opened to traffic. Drivers are asked to use caution through this area.
Click here to view a diagram of the new traffic pattenrn.
The Flagler Memorial Bascule Bridge (drawbridge) Replacement Design/Build Project includes replacing the existing bridge with a new bascule bridge connecting the Town of Palm Beach and the City of West Palm Beach over the Lake Worth Lagoon and the Intracoastal Waterway. The new bridge is being built south of the existing bridge, which will remain open during construction. The Flagler Drive overpass will be replaced with an “at-grade” intersection. New lighting, pedestrian features, traffic signals, drainage, and landscaping are also included in this project. The estimated cost of this project is $94.2 million.
For more information about the Flagler Memorial Bridge Replacement Project, please call
Public Information Officer Tish Burgher at (561) 702-9096 or email her at Tish@qcausa.com.
Project information can also be found on the project website: www.flaglerbridge.com