Flagler Memorial Bridge Replacement Project Update
April 17 to April 30, 2017
The Flagler Memorial Replacement Bridge is open to traffic with one eastbound and one westbound lane and the south sidewalk open to pedestrians.
Restrictions: Flagler Memorial Bridge will have nightly lane closures 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, April 17, to Thursday, April 20, with closures alternating between eastbound and westbound lanes. One lane will remain open during this time. Flaggers will maintain two-way traffic in the remaining lane as the bridge’s west fender piles are installed.
Flagler Drive is closed around-the-clock from 4 Street to north of 7 Street in the City of West Palm Beach while workers reconstruct the road in this area.
The following detours are in place:
Drivers going north on Flagler Drive from south of 4 Street should:
- Go west on Banyan Boulevard
- Go north on N. Dixie Highway
- Go east on Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard to Flagler Drive
Drivers going south on Flagler Drive from north of the bridge should:
- Go north/south on Flagler Drive to Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard
- Go west on Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard
- Go south on N. Dixie Highway
- Go east on Banyan Boulevard to Flagler Drive
Drivers going west on Flagler Memorial Bridge should:
- Go to N. Dixie Highway to go north or south
Drivers who want to go east on the Flagler Memorial Bridge should access the bridge from N. Quadrille Boulevard.
Marine Restrictions: The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICWW) through the Flagler Memorial Bridge will have half-channel closures through April 2017. During half-channel closures, the horizontal clearance through the bridge is 35 feet. The existing Flagler Memorial Bridge opens for marine traffic once per hour at 15 minutes past the hour except for 8:15 a.m. and 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday, when the bridge remains down for rush hour traffic. During presidential visits, the Flagler Memorial Bridge will open to marine traffic weekdays at 4:15 p.m.
The channel will open with no restrictions (double-leaf openings) for marine traffic during the following times:
- 5:15 p.m., Friday, March 31, through 6:15 a.m. Monday, April 3,
- 12:15 p.m., Wednesday, April 5, through 6:15 a.m., Thursday, April 6,
- 5:15 p.m. Saturday, April 8, through 6:15 a.m. Monday, April 10,
- 5:15 p.m. Thursday, April 13, through 6:15 a.m. Monday, April 17,
- 12:15 p.m. Wednesday, April 19, through 6:15 a.m., Thursday, April 20,
- 5:15 p.m. Saturday, April 22, through 6:15 a.m. Monday, April 24,
- 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, April 26, through 6:15 a.m. Thursday, April 27,
- 5:15 p.m. Friday, April 28, through 6:15 a.m. Monday, May 1.
Intermittent full-channel closures may be necessary to perform project-related work. Full-channel closures are coordinated in advance with the U.S. Coast Guard. The schedule of channel restrictions can be found on the Flagler Bridge website: www.FlaglerBridge.com and is published in the U.S. Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners at www.navcen.uscg.gov.
For more information about the Flagler Memorial Bridge Replacement Project, call Public Information Officer Angel Gardner at (561) 702-9096 or email her at Angel.Gardner@qcausa.com. Information can also be found on the project website: www.flaglerbridge.com.